View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:29 am

Welcome
Welcome to mylawnboyforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lawnboy revs up and down 

Post Re: Lawnboy revs up and down
OK,

took another look at it this morning.
the small pin hole at the tip of the screw was cleaned out but I did not see much in there.

Does the pin hole go all the way through the entire screw, or does it stop half way in?
I could only get the wire in about half the distance of the screw.

Machine still acts the same when replaced.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:59 pm
Report this post
Site Admin

It doesnt go all the way through, just about half or so...

Pull the carb and clean the main jet, if that doesnt work. We will have to get you the part number to a larger side jet and that will stop it.

Also, when you have the carb off, check to see what size hole is in the brass throttle plate as well. If it has the smaller one it can cause surging.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:22 pm
Report this post

Not sure what you mean by all of those parts you have mentioned.

For me, taking the carb off seems easy. Just removing those 2 bolts under the air filter.

The problem is getting all of those tiny parts to go back together in the right spots!

I surely do not want to mess something up, but having this surge is a problem also. AARRGGHH!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:09 pm
Report this post

Giovanni, have you had a chance to tear the carb apart yet?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:40 pm
Report this post

Hi, sorry for the late reply...we were out of town.

No, I have not had a chance to take off the carb yet.
What I did do last week was put on a new air filter and install an inline fuel filter.
Have not used the machine since that work was done, but I will within the next couple of days. I doubt there will be any difference but you never know.

Is it possible to spray some carb cleaner into the carb while the machine is running? I remember we used to do it to our old carbereutor V8's back when I was a teenager.
Was wondering if this would work for cleaning out the carb on Lawn Boy.

I realize that this is not the proper way to do it. But if I can save myself from tearing aprt all those small parts, I am willing to try.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:02 pm
Report this post
Site Admin

Spraying carb cleaner through the filter opening will only clean the air passageways. You need to clean the fuel passageways. This requires taking the carb off.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 pm
Report this post

Rejet. Its pretty simple to do. Been told its the best way to fix the issue and its a permanent fix. Sorry new here and still learning but thought I would put in my 2 cents worth.

Oh BTW just got my first Dura and I am gonna rejet regardless when I clean the carb.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:56 pm
Report this post

I do not recommend rejetting. That may have worked for people, but I'm w/ Orangedotfever as I have performed the repair myself on my Duraforce - thoroughly cleaning the carb in Yamalube and cleaning the governor assbly on top of air box.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2